Just began a 5 week work trip where I'll be bouncing around East/Southern Africa....with the crazy amounts of travel I'm anticipating on this journey, I had grand plans to pack carry-on only. I was so close! Have just 8 work outfits, and minimal down time wear, but sadly, with a laptop/sneakers/new SLR work camera/materials, it just wasn't meant to be....next time perhaps?
it looks like Uganda is going to be a home base of sorts on this trip, back and forth from there more than I initially realized. This is going to be a great trip, I'm visiting (count em) FOUR new countries (Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya) which is epic! This part of the job is certainly one of the best. Will spend a few weeks on the beach as well (Malindi, Kenya and East London, SA) which will be lovely for downtime on the road. The big decision now is whether to spend the long Thanksgiving weekend alone on the Kenyan coast, or head back to Uganda to spend with friends (old and new)....TBD.
This trip is going to be an interesting challenge I think, a new country each week and having to tour sites/interview/photograph our NGO partners, and turn out materials before starting on the next. Lots of weekend work and travel, but exciting and in the end, hopefully some nice work will be the result.
I hope to see some old friends along the way, perhaps some Swazi friends while in SA and then some old work colleagues in Uganda. As always, looking forward to meeting new people along the way....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment