Monday, November 24, 2008

Decisions, Decisions...

I'm sitting in a garage while I get new brake pads on my rear tires. Oh yes, another problem with my car, it would seem. Typing away on my laptop, with a cup of tea perched on a nearby blue plastic chair in a china tea cup, gas fumes surround me, as big burly mechanics are hard at work. An odd little scenario.

Delays in my day like this are a tad frusterating, because I'm currently at a crossroads of sorts: time is of the essense now, since I'm scheduled to leave in 27 days, and I still have a lot of work to do. But I have the opportunity to take a 6-day trip to a beautiful beach in Mozambique with friends, or head home a week early. Or both.

So Basically I'm A) trying to justify going B) working like mad to get as much done before I (maybe) go and C) trying to gague whether I can get all my work done, and still potentially head home early...too much to ask?

While I'm not desperate to leave, with the holidays here, I'm really starting to miss home. I'm also getting anxious about starting my life up again in Boston, finding a job, etc. SO while I don't want to wish this time away, I also am anticipating a lot of change, and the sooner I can get to it, the better.

Any thoughts? I know in 20 years what I'll remember is a great trip to Mozambique, a country vastly different from Swaziland apparently, and one I haven't been to yet. And that's what I'll want to remember, not how I missed out just to have a bit more time for my school work. Right?

Seems like an easy answer, but the nature of life here is such that all my stories have been delayed due to things taking forever to get off the ground, so I'm playing catch-up on a daily basis. Which means if I go, my last few weeks here will be CRAZY! SO I am unsure if going is really the smartest thing.

But is missing out on this just plain dumb?

2 comments:

TP said...

GO! Seriously. Go. How many chances will you have to be young, blonde, gorgeous and on the beach in Mozambique. Like you said, while it seems like a huge amount now, in the grand scheme its nothing and these chances will inevitably get less as we get older.

Pontificating done. But go!

Silverwoman said...

Take the vacation. Do you really think you're going to look back one day and think you should have enjoyed the world less???