Monday, October 27, 2008

Feline Fatal Attraction

The house I’m living is basically an animal kingdom with a few humans living in it. Of the three cats, there is one that is especially “loving”…

At first, kitty would just rub up against my legs. Slowly we became buddies, whenever I was watching TV on the couch or hanging out in the kitchen she would swoon. But then she started to follow me, and wait outside my bedroom. This turned into incessant scratching at my door, and meowing to be let in.

So I started letting her in to hang out on my bed while I did some work, but this only happened a few times because a) as cute is she is, she’s an outdoor cat most of the time, and thus kinda dirty, and b) she is expecting it all the time now.

Well I think she’s getting pissed about the distance I’m putting between us. Saturday night, I got in late, and went straight to bed. I could hear her meowing as she ran towards my door, and she stayed out there…so I picked her up and brought her to the foyer where I could shut the door to the hallway where my bedroom is. Not 5 minutes later, she’s back! I had no idea HOW she got back into the hallway…

The only thing I can think of is…the cat went to the other side of the house, ran out of the dog door in the kitchen, walked to the other end of the house, jumped in the open window in one of the other bedrooms, and then back into the hallway. Talk about determination! So yet again I had to pick her up, and throw her in the Foyer, but this time, closing all the bedroom doors behind me.

Last night, she was demanding an audience outside my door again, and 10 minutes later I look out my window, and she’s on the outside ledge looking for a way to get in!! Everywhere I go now she follows me, and meows loudly as she runs along to keep up with me.

I’m living with the neediest cat on the planet.

No comments: