Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Silly Me...

AS if my car didn't have enough little quirks, I decide to go and give it another one...

I got home from a long day at a rural school, only to find that there is no where to park in our very large driveway. A guest was visiting, and taking up like 4 spots. SO rather than park half way in the driveway/half way on the road (our private road) I decided to back out and park along the side of our electric fence. AND drive right into a huge concrete slab next to the fence with my front tire. Flat tire city in under 3 seconds.

I kept going between feeling angry at the person for being such a selfish parker, and for the lady of the house not telling her where to park, and feeling like a bumbling idiot for driving straight into something.

I've NEVER had a flat tire before, at least I don't think I have.

640 Rand later, which is about...$60 (based on today's new rate of 10.4R to the dollar, yay!), I have a new tire. Just hope I don't have to get 3 more!

No comments: