
I went to two very random but fun events recently. The first was a Danish dance/acrobatic/gymnastic troop. We sat outside as the sun set, and they flipped and danced all around the place

A few nights later, I saw an Italian Jazz band...in Swaziland. It was held at this really fun venue called House on Fire, it's hard to explain but it's an indoor/outdoor place with various spots for live music. It vibe is really fun, and I wish there was a place like it at home!
Pretty peacock at the Ngwena glass factory, a really cool spot that hand blows recycled glass. There are a few of these that just roam the property.

Visit to the oldest mine in the world. Was random, but really pretty to walk around. A mini grand canyon..

Part of the mine....
I was all set to run in a 5K this past Saturday, but a lingering cold made me think better of it. So instead, I helped as a marshall for the half marathon, not sure why, but I thought it would be fun to get up at 5am for no reason. It was fun to cheer on friends, and I saw one guy with one arm which looked like it was a recent operation, and another running barefoot!
Just another day in Swaziland. Here's a big dead cow in the back of a buckie (truck), which was rejected by the cow-approver people. The smell was OUT of this world, you could have passed out from it!

Braai time with friends. I couldn't get over this cool fire pit/BBQ! Dad, this looks like something you'd build!

My next video is about a rural school that is finally getting it’s water supply back. They are taking out a brokedn windmill which used to power their water pump, and putting in a solar tower to take over.
The kids gathering water after the old pump was taken out, and a new one put in...the teachers were elated! It was surreal to be there, and think about how this would never be a problem at home...and how many things we take for granted. Prior to this, the school relies on rain water and making the kids walk 3K's to a river.
No comments:
Post a Comment